Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Sourdough Blueberry Waffles

I think breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. I love pancakes, waffles, French toast, bacon, grits, oatmeal and the list could go on and on. I could eat breakfast foods all day long! Here is a great recipe for easily digested waffles they are easy and yummy!  I found this recipe from the Gnowfglins website here.

Here is what you are going to need:


- 2 cups of sourdough starter
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons of sweetener like sugar or honey
-1/4 cup melted butter or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon of baking soda mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup to 1 cup blueberries


1. Mix in all ingredients together except baking soda, water, and berries.


2. Preheat your waffle iron.  
 

3. Stir together the baking soda and water.


3.  Add in baking soda mixture and blue berries. Stirring gently a couple times.


4. Spoon the batter into the waffle maker and cook per your instructions for your specific waffle maker. My boys got me this one on amazon for mother's day, I really like it because it cooks the waffles up really quickly!!


5. Enjoy!! 



** These waffles freeze well, so feel free to double the batch and stick some in the freezer for later.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Those sourdough waffles look so tasty, Sally. I'm sure you enjoyed making them. If I were to be served those waffles every morning, then breakfast just might be my favorite meal of the day as well. Hahaha! Thanks for sharing the recipe with us! All the best to you! :)

    Faith Thomas @ The Berry Farm

    ReplyDelete