Monday, July 21, 2014

white rice or brown rice?


Right now it seems there is some debate on which is the better rice to eat.  I grew up eating white rice and I liked it.  Then when I got older brown rice was all the rage because it had more nutrients and fiber and everything white was considered "bad" mostly because of the lack of nutrients and because of the high glycemic index.  So for a number of years I ate brown rice and I liked the nutty texture.  Then, last year I came across this article and this article and another one here which got me thinking....  For a while I was trying to soak my brown rice but it did not seem to be breaking down the rice much.  So for the last few months we have switched over to white rice and my husband and children love it.  White basmati or white jasmine rice are a good option for white rice.  I like to cook my rice in broth to add in more nutrients and add some great flavor.  For now, we have made the switch to white rice because it is so much easier to digest and it is so much tastier.    

No comments:

Post a Comment